Subject: Tie me down
From: "Dennis R. Harp" <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 1995 11:23:42 -0500

I have a pre-production question.  This is something I want  
to think about well before I need to do it.  Actually, I would  
already be attempting it on Impact myself, but I _still_ have  
gotten ABSOLUTELY NOWHERE in obtaining the information from  
DeskStation necessary to upgrade my Raptor to a headed machine, and  
I have been assured there is no point attempting to using Impact on  
my '030, A2000.
	One object I do not remember being discussed in any tips or  
tutorials is rope.  I know I will need to do some good rope in the  
future (actually, maybe string would be better), and I'm really not  
sure where to start.  The stuff would need to sag (Impact?) as  
tension decreases.
	I guess what I'm really after would be a tube with a mass  
distributed throughout its length, so that a program like Impact  
could cause proper behavior.  I can morph all day long, but it is  
so much better looking to have collision detection and let the  
particles behave naturally than trying to guess what each of the  
intermediate stages would look like.
	Am I doomed to morph for the rest of my life, or does  
anyone see hope for my rope?  (At least enough to hang myself.)
	
	Thanks				Dennis Harp.